View Single Post
  #6  
Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 AM
truebeliever truebeliever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,768
Default Re: Up to 6 Explosions In Bali. 2 Confirmed Dead. 40 Injured. John Howard VERY Happy!

Quote:
Of course, in some sense, that makes your picture quite accurate.. just so long as you realize that the man funding Uncle Sam is the same man funding Kofi Annon..
It was more about Johnny.

But yes. Absoloutly. Bush is "Goldstein" energising the Left and teaching the world that religion is indeed bad and only the U.N can save us.

Quote:
Little Johnny, downer and ruddick will no doubt be saying with glee 'see, we told you so. aren't you glad we brought in our anti-terror laws, to prevent something like this from happening!
I will not be watching the news. If I see his ugly little eyebrows on the telly attempting to hide his glee I will be sick. Gawd! Who runs these covert ops? The anniversary is 10 days away, why not wait? Obviously they have bombs to plant elsewhere and they have to clean the "All Seeing Eye" back on the Jerusalem Supreme Court building before the next sacrifice.

Quote:
Terror comes back to Bali
From correspondents in Bali
01oct05


DEVELOPING STORY
AT LEAST nine people, including four foreigners, were killed and dozens wounded in four explosions on Bali last night - only days short of the third anniversary of the terrorist attack there that killed 202, including 88 Australians.



Witnesses said they saw body parts, including a severed head and a leg.

One blast was reported at Kuta Square, but three rocked Jimbaran Beach, about 30km south of the famed strip. The beach is lined with popular tourist seafood restaurants.

Police confirmed several blasts went off, but they could not say if they were bombs.

The areas have been cordoned off and staff from nearby businesses were ordered out.

The explosions rocked a hotel and department store. The blasts ripped through the holiday island about 9pm Melbourne time - one near the Four Seasons Hotel in Jimbaran, and 10 minutes later near the Matahari department store in the centre of the popular tourist centre of Kuta.

No AFL teams are reported to be in the area. Brisbane cancelled its Bali end-of-season trip due to reports of unrest and will go to Cairns instead.

A witness, Wayan Kresna, told El Shinta radio station: "I helped lift up the bodies. There was blood everywhere. Many people have been brought to the hospital."

Mr Kresna said he had been involved in the aftermath of a bomb in a Jimbaran Beach seafood restaurant.

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono warned in late August that terrorists were likely to launch an attack in Indonesia in the next two months - during what has become known in the country as "bomb season" because of a series of attacks at this time over the past three years.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16787767%255E661,00.html

Quote:
Bali bomb blasts
By Mark Forbes
Jakarta
Brendan Nicholson, Phillip Hudson
Canberra
October 2, 2005


Bloodied victims of the bomb blast leave the scene at Kuta last night.



Bloodied victims of the bomb blast leave the scene at Kuta last night.
Photo: Getty Images

Bomb blasts struck popular tourists precincts in Bali last night, with reports of eight or more dead and dozens of people injured.

A local radio network claimed most of the dead were western tourists.

Australian officials were investigating if Australian tourists were killed or injured.

Witnesses said the scene was horrific. "I helped lift up the bodies, there was blood everywhere," Wayan Kresna told El Shinta radio station. He said at least two people were dead and many had been taken to hospital.

Mr Kresna said he witnessed the explosion at a seafood restaurant on Jimbaran beach, about 30 kilometres from Kuta, which is frequented by many foreign tourists.

Opposition foreign affairs spokesman Kevin Rudd said the terrorist attack was "revolting beyond description".

"Based on initial reports, there appears to have been a terrible loss of life in Bali. As we approach the third anniversary of the Bali bombs, this is revolting beyond description. This is a terrorist attack," he said.

The apparently co-ordinated terrorist attacks bear the hallmarks of terrorist network Jemaah Islamiah, which carried out the Bali bombings three years ago and the attack on Australia's Jakarta embassy at this time last year.
AdvertisementAdvertisement

The blasts began shortly before 7pm, with simultaneous explosions at Kuta town square, one in a cafe and another reportedly in the Matahari department store.

A third blast hit a market outside the Four Seasons Hotel at Jimbaran beach.

Bloodied patrons staggered into Kuta Square, and out of the damaged nightclub adjacent to the Four Seasons. Local television reported body parts were found inside.

Witnesses near Kuta Square said many people were injured and all windows around the popular shopping precinct shattered.

There was no confirmation of the number of casualties or fatalities late last night. Indonesian radio station el Shinta reported that several western tourists were among eight dead, and many others were injured.

Some local media outlets claimed there had been six separate explosions.

Those near Kuta Square said the blasts were nowhere near as powerful as those that hit the nearby Sari Club and Paddy's Bar in 2002, killing more than 200 people.

Terrorism experts warned less than a week ago that the Indonesia-based terrorist group Jemaah Islamiah could carry out another major attack soon and Australians could again be its target.

In a report on terrorism in Indonesia, terrorism specialist Aldo Borgu of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute said JI had tried to carry out a major attack every 12 months and another could come soon.

The organisation was behind the Bali nightclub bombings in 2002, which killed 202 people including 88 Austalians, the bombing of the Marriott Hotel in Jakarta in 2003 and the 2004 Australian embassy bombing, which killed 10 people and injured 182.

"This seems to reflect the time necessarily to adequately plan for an operation typical of the complexity of a suicide car bombing."

Mr Borgu said JI's attacks had been highly repetitive and limited in their concept.

"Therefore the absence of any other type of JI operation - such as kidnapping, assassination, maritime attacks or less sophisticated bombings - since the last bombing may well signify that JI is sticking to its current repertoire, namely a suicide car bomb against a Western target "

Mr Borgu said that on June 9 Indonesian police said there had been an increase in communication among militants indicating they were planning fresh strikes.

"Embassies, international schools, office buildings, hotels, global corporations and shopping malls would all have to be considered potential targets."

Mr Borgu said that despite the damage JI had suffered in the wake of its earlier bombings it was still capable of carrying out annual attacks.

"There is still a possibility that one might be in the offing some time soon," he said.

Mr Borgu and Australian National University Indonesia specialist Greg Fealy co-wrote a new Strategic Policy Institute report on the state of radical Islam in Indonesia.

It concluded that JI in Indonesia had been weakened significantly, with many of its members pushing for peaceful change and opposing the bombers in its ranks.

But the report said that JI remained a significant threat to Australians, whom it regarded as legitimate targets.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/war-on-terror/bali-bomb-blasts/2005/10/02/1127804700738.html
Whats really funny is this quote you ALWAYS hear...

Quote:
Mr Borgu said that on June 9 Indonesian police said there had been an increase in communication among militants indicating they were planning fresh strikes.
So they know who's phones to tap but they dont seem able to arrest anyone or stop these attacks? Hmmmm....why if I did'nt know better I'd say there was a conspiracy going on! 8-)
__________________
[size=medium]\"The Office\" is the greatest comedy...ever. [/size]
Reply With Quote