Re: Is Bible more History or Prophecy?
I have a feeling that the Bible is a highly edited and manipulated document, which is totally different from what it originally was.
From what I've seen, the following arguments are generally used to further the mind-control agenda of most churches:
1. Jesus was born to a Virgin: This is not impossible. However, the Mahabharath (a Hindu epic) also has numerous stories of sons being born to Virgins (Karna born to Kunti, who was a Virgin at that time). A very highly spiritually advanced being can impregnate a woman just through the force of will, and this is a well-known Yogic secret. Perhaps Jesus's father was a secret Yogi too.
2. Jesus performed many miracles: Performing miracles is not a new phenomenon. There are plenty of Yogic texts that explain several miraculous powers (siddhis), including revival of the dead. These powers can be obtained by anyone that follows an authentic Yogic discipline with extreme hard work.
3. Jesus resurrected after 3 days of his death: Resurrection is also not a new phenomenon. There have been plenty of cases of deceased Yogis manifesting their physical form to their devotees/disciples after their death. Kabir, Tailanga Swami, Lahiri Mahasaya, Swami Sri Yukteshwar and several others have demonstrated it and many of these took place only in the recent 20th century. Secondly, there's also a well-known Yogic phenomenon called "samadhi", which involves suspension of breath and all the bodily functions and total withdrawal of consciousness into divine bliss. Such advanced Yogis can easily cure their wounds and heal anyone. I've also seen many people making a strong argument that Jesus only went into samadhi and did not die on the cross, which makes good sense too.
4. Jesus died for our sins: There is no doubt that a Guru can take the sins of his disciples and suffer on their behalf, and it happens all the time. And Jesus might have done the same thing for his disciples. However, there can never be a proof that Jesus died for the sins of all humanity.
5. Biblical prophecies are coming true: Even Nostradamus made prophecies that have come true. If that's considered to be the "work of the devil", then I do not understand what exempts the Biblical guys from the same branding. After all, prophecies are just prophecies! I suppose anyone that's skilled enough to access the temporal dimension can make good prophecies.
6. Many people are being healed and restored because they accepted Jesus: The same thing holds good for an equal number of people that accepted Allah, Krishna, Shiva, or Buddha. The infinite intelligence responds according to one's own faith.
7. One must read the Bible from their heart with an attitude of belief and everything will become clear: The same argument holds good for the Koran or the Gita or the Lotus Sutra. If one believes in something strongly enough, it's certainly possible to see the entire reality with that perception. After all, if a person wears red glasses, everything appears red even if it is not. Perhaps the Christian conditioning is akin to wearing red glasses and say the Islamic conditioning or Buddhist conditioning is akin to wearing green glasses.
My conclusion is that Jesus was an advanced Yogi who reached the highest states of consciousness. And obviously the statements made in the Bible must have a deeper meaning that what they literally appear to be. It's said that only a Yogi can understand another Yogi, so I can understand why many people might be brainwashed.
I know that many people will not agree with these inferences, but a genuine truth-seeker will always make an attempt to break through all mental barriers and discover the truth for what it really is. Truth might be painful, but it shall set you free!