View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: So what is up with 'Insider' from that other forum?

Fair enough, Freeman.

If DC is scared shitless by the things "Insider" was saying, fine.

But what about those people who were not scared? What about me; I wasn't scared one bit. Does that mean I'm a dupe and fell for the whole New Age bullshit and didn't even realize it?

I think not.

Fact is that the reason I wasn't surprised or shocked or upset or insulted is because I've read a lot about different religious and spiritual methods, from the ancient Hindu Traditions to the Islamic Sufi Tradition to false doctrines of the New Age like Wicca, Gaia, Tarot, etc.

When you get into reading about different methods to achieving 'liberation' or 'nirvana' or "saving your soul" as the Chritians would say, you unavoidably, sooner or later, come across issues exactly like the ones "Insider" discussed. You don't have to read his "message"; just study any works on yoga, meditation, sacred texts from other cultures and traditions, about other concepts of Divinity and the universe.

I think the reason for peoples' apprehension and suspicion towards the issues that were discussed is that it's the first time most people have been confronted with concrete ideas dealing with spiritual acheivements and goals. Most people have not studied these issues ever, that's why it's above most people's heads, and that's why most people also feel scared or shocked - it unknown territory for them. They simply didn't expect to have to deal with these questions and were caught unawares.

Most don't like or appreciate getting their existential boat rocked, especially not by some anonymous person on a dodgy website claiming to be "elite bloodline". The scene is set for temper tantrums and fevers running high, especially from religious literalists stuck in their dogmatic, mental prisons created by themselves, who are not thinking their own thoughts but the thoughts dictated to them by their respective dogma of choice.