View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Don't Buy Into American Slave System

Freeman, another little true story. Back in the latter '70's - early '80's when it was THE thing to do to buy gold (sound familiar?)and junk silver to use when the currency failed, I found myself out of bread and cash at the same time.

No problem, I thought, I'll use a silver quarter and that should more than cover it. Off I go, just as if I had good sense. Get to the store, get the bread, get to the checkout - that's when it got interesting.

Of course the cashier had to call the manager over and I patiently explained AGAIN that I was paying with a pre-1965 silver quarter that more than equaled the price marked on the bread. Poor guy, I actually felt sorry for him - he had NO CLUE as to what I was talking about.

To make a short story even shorter, I left the bread, got in the car and went back home.

Moral of this story is:

1. Gold may be fine for larger purchases providing you can get someone to take it in payment for whatever you are trying to buy.

2. Silver is for smaller purchases. See #1 for caveat.

3. When the poop hits the fan (currency collapse) and you are standing there trying to use your silver to pay for bread, hoards of hungry people break down the door and loot the store.

END OF STORY.