Thread: N.M.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: N.M.

Fra: You are very good.
In fact may I call you: Good Fra Nothing?

Get it? Get it? fra...for
Get it? for...fra Get it?

Follow me? Follow me? That's good, that's good!
A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!
-------------------------------------------
I like that Moon Photo you posted.

The lesser light

Dr. Neville Jones, Ph.D.

Scientific research on Geocentric Universe 2005 has led to the preliminary conclusion that the Moon does not just reflect sunlight, but must radiate its own light.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. (Gen 1:14-19 KJV)

It is very interesting that YeHVaH Elohiym, hallowed be His name, does not give specific identifiers to the two great lights, but simply calls them the greater light and the lesser light. Also, there is nothing to suggest that Adam was given the invitation to name them, nor that they were named by anyone prior to the Flood. In fact the first mention of either one of them by their present names occurs well after the Noachian deluge:

And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; ... (Gen 15:12a KJV)

The lesser light, spoken of by YeHVaH Elohiym, hallowed be His name, is what we call the Moon. This name first appears three generations later still (in Genesis 37:9).

This all seems to indicate that no importance was attached to these lights, either by their Creator, or by the antediluvian earth. They simply lit up the day and the night and gave mankind a convenient calendar and sleep pattern.

Our heavenly Father says that what we now call the Moon is a light. What does this mean? According to Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius (Hebrew English Lexicon, 1979), the original Hebrew word (whose Strong King-James-concordance-number is 3974) means, light, light-bearer, luminary, lamp. The word light is given the following definition in the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary: A body from which illumination emanates; the sun or other heavenly body (after Gen. i. 6) OE; an ignited candle, lamp, etc. OE; collect. candles, etc. used to illuminate a particular place OE.; a signal-fire or beacon-lamp, e.g. on a ship or in a light-house; hence, the lighthouse 1604. Furthermore, the same dictionary defines "emanate" as "1. intr. To flow forth, issue from, as a source." (N.B. OE refers to the period before c. 1150 A.D.)

The association of object and the light generated by that object is undeniable. In the same way as the light coming from the Sun has been produced by the Sun, so the light coming from the Moon must have been produced by the Moon.

That the Moon light is distinct from that of the Sun is very strongly substantiated by Yeshuwa' HaMeshiyach, when he says:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken ... (Mat 24:29 KJV)

It is the Moon, not the Sun, which is here said by Yeshuwa' to be the owner of the light coming from it.

Figure 1 is a picture of the full moon, and it can easily be seen that the illumination of its surface is completely even. However, if the Moon is spherical, then the light reflected from it would have a lambertian profile. In other words, it would be brightest in the centre of the disc and fall off as we move towards the edge.

Figure 1: The full Moon, showing no falling away in illumination over the surface.

This observation, which is graphically analyzed in Fig. 2, has already been put forward by Dr. James Palmer, and ably reviewed by Dr. Brandon Weakland.

Figure 2: The intensity of light reflected off the outer surface of a sphere would fall off towards the edges of the sphere.

The motion of the Moon in the firmament is synchronized with the ocean tides on the World, but in no way does the Moon cause those tides. This is a preposterous idea. In the same way, the phases of the Moon are somehow synchronized with the motion of the Sun in the firmament, but are not caused by sunlight reflected off the lunar surface. I cannot yet offer any form of explanation, but it seems clear to me that the whole cosmos operates in a finely tuned, harmonious way. The tides are synchronized with the moon, the Moon is synchronized with the Sun, the Sun and Moon are set in the firmament. The firmament rotates about the World. Hence, the firmament and World relate to one another with clockwork precision.

Summary

There is evidence to suggest that the Moon radiates its own light, rather than it being nothing more than a simple reflector of sunlight.
http://www.geocentric-universe.com/page80.htm