View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: The Silence Was Deafening

Quote:
The class sat in stunned silence until one poor soul sheepishly asked: “When we get our diplomas then are we educated?”
Reminds me of the old joke from the TV series Married With Children. The stupid blonde girl Kelly comes rushing into the house exclaiming, "I did it! I finally got my diploma!" Then she hands it to her father Al and says, "Quick, Daddy, tell me what it says! Tell me what it says!"
As they say, it's funny because it's true...

Quote:
Stan then went on to explain that there is a difference between education and schooling, with education being a continual process that originates from questioning. Schooling, on the other hand, gives the tools by which we ask and find answers to the questions which spring from a mind which seeks knowledge.
My grandfather always used to say, "A man is not truly educated until he learns to think for himself."
With the current system of Illuminati indoctriantion substituting for legitimate education, we must confront the unplesant reality that most people will never be truly educated, no matter how many self-aggrandizing degrees and diplomas they may accumulate.
The educated idiot is here to stay.