View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: An open letter to Fra_nothing, and a poll of sorts

To be clear, I'm not for rail-roading anyone out (and have implied that before) but I do think it would be a good idea for Henry to modify the forum rules for it to best achieve its intended purpose. The current rules: "ClubConspiracy believes in freedom of speech, but will not tolerate abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, racist, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws." open it up for major abuse and decreases its value. Unfortunately, the Illuminati use our freedoms against us.

Overall, obviously the freedom of choice is up to Henry but I agree with psholtz. My recommendation would be to have some sub-forums without any moderation (like general chat) and some that require users to stick with a stronger rule set that is oriented to a formula of most usefulness. This could include limiting daily posting counts to prevent someone from flooding the board with posts of marginal value. Another possibility is for Henry to upgrade the forum software to one that is more feature rich with capabilities that allow members to ignore all the posts from another member and the like.

Since we're on the subject- it also seems like there would be value in reorganizing the sub-forums and having some moderation to keep topics in the correct location. This allows for the archives to be more useful.

Just my view...