View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: The Silence Was Deafening

As always, Draken, I appreciate your comments and your links. You have my greatest admiration and respect.

For about 30 years I have been reading everything I could lay my hands on about ancient and pre-history and it has convinced me that you are right in yet another area.

We are NOT evolving, we are devolving. Perhaps, just as those much earlier civilizations had and used nuclear weapons, so we are walking in their footsteps on the lower rungs but never achieving the heights that they did.

All the shiney bling-bling toys like computers, iPods, TV's, etc., etc., etc., do NOT signify a high state of civilization. Chimpanzees can be taught to use them all with some degree of proficiency.

Just as the saying goes about you can't have guns and butter, neither can you have genocidal wars that kill off the best and brightest and not wind up with a bunch of low IQ'd offspring.

Isn't it ironic that you have to rate 1A to go off and be cannon fodder while the 4F's are left behind to breed? Another irony, they are now enlisting the "lightly retarded" to go and soak up bullets. I'd laugh if it weren't so terribly sad.

How often do you hear of true geniuses, those who can conceive of something from nothing, having no precursor? Just about everything we have today is a follow-through on things conceived prior to, say, 1970.

Wars separate us further from our spiritual nature and makes the journey here longer and harder but then, all roads lead home, eventually.