View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Let me ask one question of the anti-religious . . .

As a Roman Catholic Christian:

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things seen and unseen.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, and the only Son of God, Begotten of the Father before all the ages, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not made, of one in being with the Father, through Him all things were made; who for us men and for our salvation came down from the heavens, and was made flesh of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became man. He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, He suffered and was buried, and rose again on the third day in fulfillment the Scriptures, and ascended into the heavens, and is sited on the right hand of the Father, and will come again with glory to judge living and dead, of whose kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life, that proceeds from the Father. With the Father and Son is worshipped and glorified, and spoken through the prophets:

I acknowledge one baptism for the forgivness of sins. We look for a resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.

And that's a pretty close representation of the Nicean Creed, however I do not believe in the Catholic Church, or ANY church for that matter. And to me, with or without the Church, is what makes a Christian, by definition of BASIC belief.

Now, in my original question . . . I NEVER mentioned Christians, period. My question was aimed at those who are constantly saying things resemblant to, 'This is a freedom forum, not a religious forum,' and so forth.

There are a few out there, they know who they are, and they haven't answered yet.

Now, get_real, the fact that you believe in the POSSIBILITY makes you an agnostic, which is cool with me. You at least entertain the possibility of a higher being.

My questions are directed to the flat-out athiests.

And to Ahmed . . . may the peace of God be with you
Its not ALL the things which we can't do for ourselves . . . its the original sins of Adam and Eve, the original sin that Christ died to have forgiven, is the ONE thing that we cannot accomplish unless we accept Christ as our Lord and Saviour. Its just MY belief, you can either believe it or not . . . either way, you're a non-hating, devout holy man, and that's cool with me.

get-real, you have your own beliefs, and that's cool with me, as well. Like I said before, I'm stating this to all of those who have said to, 'keep God off this site.' Because the people who say things like that, are just as guilty as the NWO for even stating that. If you don't want to hear about God, then just scroll down to the next thread. If I don't want to hear about how there is no God, I just scroll down as well.

I'm just trying to bridge the gap, so I can understand non-believers a bit better, and they can understand us, without just assuming we are 'Jesus Freaks,' or 'Terrorist Muslims,' or so on. That's my only intention.

So, whover missed the initial 3 questions, please refer to my original post up at the top of this page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[size=large]Making Dreams And Nightmares a Virtual Reality.[/size]
Professor Otto von Schnitzelpusskrankengescheitmeyer