View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Chemical Weapons in Fallujah

I've tried several times to comment on this and each time words have failed me.

After watching the video clips on Fallujah in particular and many on the war in Iraq in general I keep thinking of the old saying, "What goes around, comes around."

When our time comes, there will be no one who will believe that any one of us is deserving of mercy; collective guilt, collective punishment.

It won't matter that our government deceived "we the people" into the war. The government acts in our name, whether we agree with them or not.

In our name our rulers have practiced terror, used banned/outlawed chemical weapons on non-combatants, and have thumbed their nose at any pretense of humanity, killing anything and everything in sight.

In the microcosm of Iraq they have committed crimes that rank right up there with the greatest tyrants and despots in history.

They have exempted themselves from being charged for war crimes by the World Court but I have to believe, else I could not go on, that there will be a higher court that will try them and their punishment will be to experience and suffer, personally, all that they have done or caused to have done to the people of this earth.

May their souls and the souls of all their fellow travelers never know peace and their punishment last through eternity.
I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country." Nobody gives their life for anything. We steal the lives of these kids. We take it away from them. They don't die for the honor and glory of their country. We kill them."-- Admiral Gene LaRocque