View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Is 666 the number of the beast or the Quran?

billiard" I was just looking down here to see if there was anything interesting going on, not that there isn't, but I was just let's say "browsing" through, & found a note you wrote to me.

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to, especially when you say

Quote:
that article is very compelling
however, in general, I could say the following:

I was raised a catholic, however now, I just believe in the fact that God permeates though all of creation at all times. I think man’s religions include their own “distortions,” so you may have observed that I do not speak on behalf or against any one’s religion.

I think God, & even Christ are beyond religion. You can & should make a personal connection w/ the energy that allows you to exist & have this experience, however, you don’t need to go to church or listen to any one man on the surface of this earth to accomplish that.

You don’t need any one man’s guidance to reach God. All you need is the “mind” that God gave you, & any inspiration thereof.

I can understand how, that idea, could leave some people clueless, as to what to do next. However, if people rely on a man’s “understanding, interpretation & inspiration” as to what God is, then they are “missing” to utilize their “minds” (which is a part of God) to reach the same conclusions or to differ from them, & thus fail to “think” for themselves. That is also what the word “experience” means. Otherwise, they would just be, “blindly” believing w/o any kind of “rationalization” taking place. To me that would be scarier than attending church every week & taking the “priest’s” word for it.
8-)