View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Excerpt From Brice Taylor's Book

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
Bondi,

I have a good friend who used to be 32 degree Mason.
You are talking about the Scottish Rite, and from your location that would be American style. Things are done alot differently around the world. You have to remember Freemasonry is global.

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
He eventually received Christ and left Masonry for its incompatibility with the faith.
I have no problem with this, and Freemasonry will actually encourage you to leave it you feel it condradicts your faith in any way.

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
He is as good as anyone can be. He said he never saw Luciferianism there, only the regular occultist lore and the ceremonies. I believe in him.
Depends what you mean by Occultist, Occult in its basic form merely means hidden. To which effeect any symbol is Occult by nature.

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
On the other hand, he said that there was a wall separating the people from the 33 degree, that only some special privileged people would receive the degree, that it could not be earned.
I am afraid it is the other way round, you can only earn the 33rd degree. Being a 32nd degree mason in the Scottish Rite is no great achievement, you can do it in a day and there is no selction procedure, you just need to be a Master Mason.

As for wall, I presume you mean that figuratively and that is all it is. The same as there is a figurative wall between the different ranks of clergy. There are meetings that only bishops and above can attend, in rome how many have the right to vote for the new pope. These kind of things are everywhere you find hierarchy.

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
Therefore, I believe you probably have good intentions, like my friend had.
Is it so hard to believe that most Freemasons are, and those that are "bad" are in such a minority there is no way they have a hold of the whole.

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
Maybe your lodge is all about philantropy and nothing more. I think it is possible that some lodges are not in the overall scheme, just because there are so many of them and it is impossible to control them all.
The size of Freemasonry itself would make it impossible for it to be a conspiracist organisation. I have admitted that you will find lodges that are not masonic in nature and simple wear the aprons, there are many that talk the talk, that cannot walk the walk. We want them out as much as you do.

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
But I also believe you are only seeing, like the story goes, the tail of the elephant and you are calling it a snake.
This is quite possible, but that also works both ways. I never understand how conspiracy theorist find it so irrational that someone involved with it knows more than they do?

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
I hope you consider the testimonies of higher rank Masons who left the lodge,
I wont find a Freemason who holds a higher rank than me.

Quote:
and especially read Masonry Beyond the Light, from Bill Schonebelen. God has a way to show people of good heart what is wrong: I pray He will eventually show it to you. Sometimes those things have to happen with us so we believe.
Like i said before the issue is not of those who leave or oppose the craft for religious grounds. I commend that action as you need to be true to your faith above all else.

My faith is not yours though, so maybe your issues with me should be regarding my faith and not regarding my memberships?