View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: F----K China... shop for American goods.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

This is quite a funny thread.

No one bag Oz though. Thats my job.

We recently had a big hullabaloo over frozen vegetables. They are bringing in Asian vege's that are less than hygenic with much of it fertilized by human waste. Some high levels of all sorts of nasties.

Well the average Oz slob ACTUALLY got angry about it, turned off the footy, hung up the cozzie and started writing letters. Our local newspaper in the West got really aggro about it and started supporting the push for CLEAR labelling of "country of origen" for frozen veggies so we could all boycott the Asian shit, literally.

Well, i was AMAZED at how the pollies and the supermarket chains resisted. I thought they would back down IMMEDIATELY with the massive public groundswell, but they resisted in the face of OBVIOUS overwhelming support for the clear labelling of veggies and other products. People here, and I'm sure in the U.S want to be able to clearly support local products even if they're more expensive.

I would love to know WHY the supermarket chains were SO resistent to Aussies wanting locally grown frozen veggies. I mean they still would'nt lose sales, they'd just be selling local stuff at a higher price.

Australian polititions were SO reluctant I am led to the conclusion there are PAYOFFS or heaven forfend...we are taking our orders from somewhere else. :roll:

It is clear that the Round Table groups rule and local polititions will continue to sell out their countries soul to foreign interests EVEN when their is a gigantic groundswell of local feeling for buying local products.

Since when does our freakin opinion matter? :-?