View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Yes, Bondi I do have a question

Quote:
623542643468 wrote:
Who is Jahbulon?
Jahbulon is not used in Freemasonry.

If I remember correctly, the hoax that Masons worship a secret god named Jabulon first appeared in Hannah's anti-Masonic book "Darkness Visible".

A similar word is used in some versions of the Royal Arch as done in the York Rite, but nowhere is it claimed to be the name of a god, or a secret name of God.

Quote:
Saturino wrote:
Jabuhlon is the big secret that Masons talk about : it is a blasphemous god, a trinity of Je***h, Baal and Osiris (On is his other name).
Is it really necessary to go over the exact same stuff in every thread, you were involved in the other one, to which I gave the same info.

Quote:
623542643468 wrote:
Does Baphomet have any significance to Masonry?
No it doesn't.

Closest your get is a mis-quote which is "Riding the Goat", which is actually "Riding the Goad", but we've covered that bit already I think.

Quote:
Ozzy_dopster wrote:
OK what about marduk, the twelvwe days of Chirstmas are just a pagan leftover from marduk but does Freemasons use this name also??
I believe Marduk was used in "Operative Masonry".

If memory serves correctly it comes from Nimrod and the Tower of Babel. In short an inscribed cyclinder found be henry rorlinson (Surname may be spelt wrong?) states that a former king completed the tower of bable to a height of 42 cubits, but it was not completed. It further states that it was re-built, or repaired, at the request of Marduk. Marduk, Merodach depending on who you ask, was the abbylonian god that Niumrod was said to be in human form (god in human form, heard that before). The tradition says that masons were first made much of at the building of the tower of babel, under the directions of Nimrod, the great king of Babylon, who was said to be a Master Mason. It also goes on to say that Nimrod loved the craft and made the masons Free Men and Free Masons in his kingdom. Another traditions says that when Nimrod sent sicty lodges of masons to build Nineveh etc, he gave them a charter and the charges of Nimrod, which according to some are those set out in the Ancient Charges. Evidently when an apprentice was indentured into an operative lodge his obligation was traditioonally called the "Oath of Nimrod".

information from a paper by Don Falconer, published in the Square and COmpass can't find a link to an online source at present.