View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Let me ask one question of the anti-religious . . .

Wow . . . great post Oz. Take the preaching out of it and what remains? The goal.

Personally, I'm tired of a certain few members trying to convert everybody by telling them they're going to hell if everyone else doesn't believe in what he/she believes. On that I can agree. I don't want to be told in what way I should worship, but I'd like to see all aspects of life through all aspects of politics and religions without being told I'm hopeless of being saved. The beliefs of others must be concluded by the individual. And to be told you're going to hell because you don't believe in God in the right way makes that person as much of a blasphemer as the man who scared the children with his sermons were.

This should not be a place of evengelism . . . but we should all look to God to assist us in making the right choices.

And, may I add, that there is one person I'm SICK and TIRED of, telling me that there is only one way to God, period. Each individual has had different experiences and is an organism unto his/herself. Each person must find God in his or her own way, and a self proclaimed messenger cannot be the sole basis for a change in one's beliefs. Let me explain this.

I had asked a member in a PM to explain a certain aspect of his/her beliefs. The responses I got were in a condition based reply, If I wanted to learn about this aspect, I should convert altogether. It sounded like the equivalent of a fucking army recruitment video. I don't try to PUSH my views on others . . . if I seem like I do, I appologize . . . I just try to explain my point of view. And I understand that sometimes I can get overzealous about it . . . I've been trying to keep that in check. Freedom of religion does not mean that you can scare people into believing what you think is right . . . that's propoganda.

And I do believe that we have a muslim propaganda artist in here . . . but at least what he/she's pushing, although contrary to my personal beliefs, isn't a violent belief.

And to that person I say:

DON'T TELL ME THAT I'M WRONG, AND THAT I'M GOING TO HELL BECAUSE IT IS YOUR PERSONAL BELIEF! DO NOT JUDGE ME, YOU SMUG FEAR-MONGER! THIS IS THE SAME METHODS THAT THE HATE-MONGERS OVER IN THE MIDDLE EAST USE TO GET PEOPLE TO RUN INTO A SKYSCRAPER WITH A PLANE!

Other than that, you're good people . . . and still have my respect of you and your beliefs . . . but obviously not your interpersonal skills.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[size=large]Making Dreams And Nightmares a Virtual Reality.[/size]
Professor Otto von Schnitzelpusskrankengescheitmeyer