View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Religious Tolerance

My religious model is the Son (of Yah). BTW, anyone remember the old Star Trek episode when they went to a hypermodern Rome?

I abhor the erroneous teachings of those who unmercifully and ignorantly tear the sacred word from its context and loving intentions of its author.

How many churches teach "killing the flesh" but in fact are programming their members to dissociate into an abnormal cognitive state? Example: "Ozzy, when you have a bad thought, just CUT IT OFF!" This is an unhealthy way to deal with life. God gave me the courage to face the most horrible things within myself; Christ died to mortify the "body of sin" meaning the set of behaviors which are spiritually unhealthy. He didn't die to literally kill my body, or else I wouldn't be here today. It is a mystery of the Spirit and should not be used to socially engineer a congregation into submission to the leadership.

We are given a Spirit of peace, and of SELF CONTROL. Yah wants us to be the owners of our own minds, bodies, and souls. He wants us to be in control of our subconscious minds. :-D