View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Islam and the Son of God

Qur'an 18:110 Say: I am only a mortal like you - it is revealed to me that your God is one God. So whoever hopes to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds, and join no one in the service of his Lord.

Note: Mo-ham-mad proclaimed that he was just an ordinary sinful man or mortal unlike Christ.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Qur'an 40:55 So be patient; surely the promise of Allah is true; and ask protection for your sin and celebrate the praise of your Lord in the evening and the morning.

Qur'an footnote: The words istghfir-li-dhanbi-ka occurring here, and repeated in 47:19, do not negate the claim made repeatedly that the Prophet was sinless.

Note: Mo-ham-mad proclaimed that he was just an ordinary sinful man or mortal unlike Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Qur'an 47:19 So know that there is no God but Allah and ask protection for your sin and for the believing men and the believing women. And Allah knows your moving about and your staying.

Qur'an footnote: Not only the Prophet but every believer is told here to keep praying to God for being protected from sins, for himself and for all the believers, men as well as women.

1 Peter 2:21-24 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth"; who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness; by whose stripes you were healed.

Qur'an 48:1-3 Surely We have granted you a clear victory, that Allah may cover for your shortcomings in the past and those to come, and complete His favor to you and guide you on a right path, and that Allah might help you with a mighty help.

Qur'an footnote: In the first place dhanb means any shortcoming, not necessarily a sin.

1 John 3:5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

Qur'an 93:7 And find you groping, so He showed the way?

Qur'an footnote: Hence he was unable to see way by himself, and the word dall signifies one who is perplexed and unable to see his right course. The true significance of the word is thus that Allah found the Prophet in quest of the way, but unable to find the way himself. Therefore He guided him by Divine light. In this manner was the Prophet told not to chide any petitioner, but to render help to him as Allah had helped him.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Qur'an 66:1 O Prophet, why do you forbid yourself that which Allah has made lawful for you? Seek you to please your wives? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Qur'an footnote: This verse is said to contain a reference to the Prophet's conjugal relations with Mary, the Coptic lady, which, it is alleged, being discovered by his wife Hafsah, the Prophet's swore not to have anything more to do with her.

1 Peter 1:18-19 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

Qur'an 33:37 And when you said to him to whom Allah had shown favor and to whom you had shown a favor: Keep your wife to yourself and keep your duty to Allah; and you concealed in your heart what Allah would bring to light, and you feared men, and Allah has a greater right that you should fear Him. So when Zaid dissolved her marriage, We gave her to you as a wife, so that there should be no difficulty for the believers about the wives of their adopted sons, when they have dissolved their marriage. And Allah's command is ever performed.

Note: Mo-ham-mad quickly married a divorced woman who he was attracted to.

Matthew 5:32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery."

Qur'an 9:88 But the Messenger and those who believe with him strive hard with their property and their persons. And these it is for whom are the good things and these it is who are successful.

Matthew 6:31-33 "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Qur'an 7:188 Say: I control not benefit or harm for myself except as Allah please. And had I known the unseen, I should have much of good, and no evil would touch me. I am but a warner and the giver of good news to a people who believe.

Qur'an footnote: The simplicity and nobility of this statement as indicating the mission of a prophet is unsurpassed. He gives glad news of triumph to those who believe, warns the evil-doers of the evil consequences of their deeds in this life as well as in the next, but he does not claim the possession of Divine powers.

Matthew 8:26-27 But He said to them, "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?" Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, "Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"

Colossians 1:16-17 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.