View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Mental Blueprint

Quote:
It looks like the ancients were way ahead of us, and it does make me wonder whether we're really progressing or regressing!
I think the situation that we're in now answers that question.
If the level of knowledge and technology that the ancients possessed was really so superior, then why did the Golden Age ever end?
This, I feel, is the inherent trap that those who get too deeply involved with the occult or esotericism can too easily fall into: Worshipping this secret knowledge as a panacea unto itself, instead of acknowledging man's spiritual failings as the real root of all our misery.

Even King Solomon, reputedly the world's wisest man, offered these observations in Ecclesiastes mear the end of a life which had brought him more wisdom than happiness and had even caused him to turn away from God in his final days:

Quote:
1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Quote:
12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Quote:
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Quote:
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
I think that from the Biblical story of Eve and the apple, man's dilemma has been the same: Until he is ready to responsibly utilize the knowledge of good and evil that he acquired prematurely (from eating the apple), he will never return to paradise, and he will only acquire additonal knowledge at the risk of additional catastrophe.