View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Is Iran trying to build a nuclear bomb?

Is Iran Really Trying To Develop Nuclear Weapons ??? - :-o :-o :-o

Is Iran Really Trying To Develop Nuclear Weapons ???
Should pursuing nuclear power be banned from all governments w/o exception, or allowed to just a few that already have it ?

Should We Give Iran The Benefit Of The Doubt ?

If what Iran is claiming to be true, which there are already nuclear energy world organizations backing their position, including getting the backing of Russia & China, then they are pursuing nuclear energy for civilian use, which in my personal opinion any human society should be peacefully allowed to pursue. However, given the fact that other nations have not only developed nuclear weapons capabilities, but have also used it on civilian populations, I don’t see the moral high grounds to prevent anyone else from pursuing the same. Other than the “survival of the fittest” argument, which naturally applies only to the “animal kingdom” & does not belong in an educated & civilized society, even if that knowledge is only contained by a few controllers & gatekeepers, I don’t see the justification.

Because all governments including our own have over the centuries demonstrated the capability of lying & killing innocent civilians for selfish reasons, I tend to disbelieve anything they claim to be true. Unless I see reasonable, logical, & independent evidence presented, specially, if by people that are not subject-matter experts, such as good journalists, or people who are not direct or indirect beneficiaries. I think that for humanity & the world to continue evolving to as high as it can possibly reach, a multitude of ideologies should be allowed to coexist in a peaceful & mutually cooperating environment. I don’t think that neither tyranny nor dictatorships of any kind should continue to exist for mankind to be able to truly flourish. There is beauty in diversity, just look at the universe.

The turn we have taken in the last 5 years has been negative, painfully unnecessary, & painfully costly to those who can yet not decide how we can all live together.

I can think of 1000 ways in which we could right now live in a better world w/o anyone’s suffering or sacrifice.

Thank God for "Freedom Of Speech"...
8-)