Thread: Fahrenheit 495
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Fahrenheit 495

Well, I still am not convinced that the US "Government" is the principal in the 9/11 attacks, but there are two things that trouble me:

1) It is alleged that certain elements of the FBI had foreknowledge of the WTC basement bombing and not only allowed the operation to continue but advised the principal to use LIVE EXPLOSIVES instead of duds. This is a serious lack of credibility, if true, and cannot be dismissed easily.

2) The old, "Oops, we didn't see it coming" argument doesn't fly with me (no pun intended). Saying that an attack on the Pentagon was unanticipated is the same as saying that noone was guarding Fort Knox the day it was robbed. Threat scenarios are examined and even modeled on a daily basis: do we not all know the primary targets?

So, there was money to be made, and it is the greatest triggering even in modern history to justify occupation in the Middle East. A few thousand civilians (and let's face it: the total destruction of BOTH towers could have been unanticipated, too) would be an acceptable loss in the eyes of many, I think.

There are too many troubling loose ends.