View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Vertical vs. Horizontal Science

Quote:
alumbrado wrote:
In the ancient times, the masses didn't have so much opportunities to learn something deeper and more profound about the world and its nature, they were just trying to get by and live in such conditions, depended on their priests or shamans to interpret something too incomprehensible for them to actually learn. There were no informations to get around and share quickly around the regions in the ancient times. Only the few were selected and allowed to learn something the rest of the masses didn't get. That gave them the assumption that they were spiritually superior over the masses.
In ancient times the masses didn't need to learn something deeper about the world; they were part of the Divine hierarchy, hence they KNEW. In the ancient order everyone had their place and were proud of their place. They didn't want to be anywhere else. The spiritually superior were TRULY superior and the inferior acknowledged the leadership of the truly superior.

Quote:
You should be thankful to science. Without science and without man's ability to think, rationalize and expand the knowledge of the world, all of its natural elements and SHARE it with the rest of the masses, you, everyone and I would NOT be here discussing and exchanging ideas on the Internet. Without your insights or mine or anyone, no one could learn from each and we would all still live in a dark age of ignorance and indifference, which often lead to wars, chaos, plague and conquests.

It's fine that you follow traditions and being you, I respect that. Don't diss at something that gave you the opportunity to speak your voice here. ;-)

Admit it, Draken. You know I'm right about that point.

The Internet didn't start a worldwide revolution to get people SUDDENLY start communicating with eachother. We don't need the Internet to talk to eachother. If I didn't have the "opportunity" to speak my mind here on this forum, I'd do it somewhere else. I'm in no way dependent on the Internet - thank GOD! - to get my ideas out and communicating with other people.

WESTERN science might at the best of times "expand the knowledge of the world" BUT ONLY HORIZONTALLY. Meaning, WESTERN science goes about discovering everything on THIS LEVEL; the material level. It's the LOWEST level. It doesn't even realise there IS a VERTICAL direction.

Allow me to quote Evola:

"Every modern, profane science corresponds in the world of Tradition to a "sacred" science that had an organic, qualitative character and considered nature as a whole in a hierarchy of degrees of reality and forms of experience in which the form connected to the physical senses is just one among others. It is precisely in this way that the system of transpositions and symbolic and ritual participations was made possible. This was the case in cosmology and in related disciplines: for instance, ancient alchemy was not at all a primitive chemistry and ancient astrology was not at all (as it is mistakenly assumed today) a superstitious deification of the heavenly bodies and of their movements, but a knowledge of the stars so organized as to be able to constitute a science of purely spiritual and metaphysical realities expressed in a symbolic form." (my emphasis)

So what we have today is not "sacred" science that Evola talks about, but "demonic" science, in my opinon.

I don't think you really understand what I mean when I say I'm a man of Tradition; I might be wrong.
If you're interested, go to the INTEGRAL TRADITION thread in the "Share The Knowledge" forum and read the links I posted there.