View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Book of Revelations

Now you're misquoting me.
I have never once said the book is a fraud. The simple question I asked is why does everyone keep on giving it reference. The answers I've been given are not answers. They are simply responses. But since you are so adamant that I am here to defraud the book, I’ll try not to disappoint you.

Quote:
ok let's do it your way ... tell us when in

history the following occurred and I will quote

directly for Revelations with no comments from me

excepts a few capitalizations ... remember this is

a book that reveals the future so not everything

will be comprehensible yet ... but we

can witness that it is getting to be clearer

as time progresses.
Battle of Hasting 1066
1000 years after this was written. Should be a juicy chunk

Quote:
16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to RECEIVE A MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that NO man might BUY OR SELL, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Branding iron.
For several thousand years, branding irons have been used to mark property. What more horrible idea than to think that the ‘Beast’ would actually force people to be branded.
I still fail to see where it’s on about implanting microchips. I mean a microchip could be placed in the hand but it would be very impractical to have it in your forehead. Again it’s just a terrible story

You think that you know we are in the end of days. Well if you love Revelations, perhaps you should read other sections of the Bible

Quote:
Mathew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."
Now, unless you are God, and I very much doubt you are, explain to me again how you know best, and why he would pick up John and show him something completely different to conflict with the Gospel?

As for the fact that I like to debunk, YES I love to debunk. I love to find out the truth. I like to wipe away cobwebs of theories and misplaced conclusions and expose the granite of hard truth. I do this for myself, by going out and researching or examining the evidence in my hands. Not by sitting day in and day out at a computer, my mind turning inwards in a labyrinth of lies. My mind is open, but not that open my brains fall out. It doesn’t mean I haven’t found truths which are hard to understand on my travels, or that I simply dismiss what isn’t relative to what I’m after. That would not be scientific. Trust me when I say I have seen enough strange sights and times as to stretch my beliefs.

Quote:
This book is an attempt at describing the notion of human sensed time as seen by something that is not human in any regard
No, the book was written by a man. Man is a flawed creature. If you accept prophecies, then you are resigning yourself to the fact that no matter what you do, it has already been predicted and you are powerless to change all and anything. You have no life. You are a character in a book and nothing more. In which case we are all less than ‘window dressings’.

I have yet to see one exact prophecy, or to be presented with one which says ‘This is proof.’ I have been shown predictions from Nostradamus and screamed at for not seeing what isn’t there to be seen. “I have to read between the lines” or “in it’s original translation it meant this”. It is rubbish, nonsensical ramblings and a bad waste of good paper. What good is a book of prophecies, if you only understand the prophecy AFTER it has happened? If you know the prophecy before hand, and you had the power to change it, and did, the prophecy would be wrong, and if you have changed one prophecy and made it wrong, then the other would have to follow suite.

Prophecies are for those who when finished with their cup of tea, expect a leaf transported thousands of miles, dunked in boiling water, to give them a rosy future

Other sources:
Very well, here is a list:

Nostradamus (he has to be on top of the list)
Islam and Qur'ān
Viking and Celtic Mythology
Hopi indian predictions
The Mayan prophecies

A problem you’ll uncover when reading anything into these, is that none of them collaborate. Yes they all have war in them between Good and Evil (which is just viewpoints), and the destruction of the world, but after that they all go off into their own fantasies. There is no point where you can match up any of their predictions with ours, but, just as you do, these people believe(d) in them. To say that Christianity, or for that matter any religion, is the One True Religion and all others are wrong or can not be counted, would be the first fall down a long and rocky staircase to nowhere. Once you grab one book and say I’m not believing any thing else could be your first and biggest mistake, especially when you consider the fact that all the words contained therein are written by just men, quite capable of misquoting a previous message as you have misquoted me in the space of less than one page.

Anyway, I’ve ranted long and hard, and now await either (a) a nonsensical response filled with more confusion and unstructured ideas (b) an actual prophecy that will astound and amaze me. I prophesize it will be (a)

As for ignt stating myself to being just ‘window dressing’, let me explain this in pure, cold, vicious, hard, logic, so that you and others may know this as my truth. “You Do Not Know With Whom You Are Speaking” so if I were you, and thankfully not, I would speak with a careful tongue

Perhaps when you’ve finished ranting at me, you’ll like to have a look at these:
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm (very good for a laugh)
If you’re very good, you might find your name in there