View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: What Is Evil?

Ok, quick answer befofe I have to go eat!

My analogy with the pyramid is like this:

the four sides of the pyramid could be the four World Religions Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and Hindusim. They are all different, yet the closer you get to the top, the closer you also get to the other sides. Finally, at the apex you realise the Source was the same.

Frithjof Schuon on Islam:

"That God should have allowed a religion that was merely the invention of a man to conquer a part of humanity and to maintain itself for more than a thousand years in a quarter of the inhabited world, thus betraying the love, faith and hope of a multitude of sincere and fervent souls -- this again is contrary to the laws of the Divine Mercy, or, in other words, to those of Universal Possibility."(The Transcendent Unity of Religions, Wheaton (Illinois): Theosophical Publishing House, 1984, p. 37.)

I'm not offended by what you say, although a lot of people on this forum would be. I consider Buddhism, Islam, Christianity and Hinduism to all have the possibility of salvation and bliss, as long as you don't MIX THEM WITH EACHOTHER, which is what New Age is trying to do. You can't walk up to the pyramid's apex "a little bit on all sides"; you have to choose a side and walk up that side all the way to reach the top.

I consider Buddhism, Islam, Christianity and Hinduism to all contain The Truth.

God has fashioned for humanity different ways to reach Him, according to mentality, geography, climate etc.

Honestly, I'm not more into Buddhism than Christianity or any other revealed religion. I find immense wisdom in Islam, as in Hinduism. Why discard the one for the other? They all say the same thing anyway, only expressed differently!

I REALLY have to go eat now - you can't live off wisdom only! :-D