View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Discussing With "Myself"

I was just contemplating this scenario:

Like I said I come to this forum ultimately to express myself to myself, to formulate myself more clearly, more focussed so that I can understand better the things I'm interested in.

With the above in mind, it's like I say something on a forum and I get 15 answers back, saying everything between total agreement to total disagreement. From everyone's own individual perception they are right and they think I'm wrong/right.

When I seem challenging, provoking, argumentative etc. I'm really challenging MYSELF; provoking MYSELF; arguing for/against MYSELF.

Since I discuss matters for my own understanding, it's almost as if those 15 answers I got came from ME; my subconscious, superconscious, unconscious (!), metaconscious and conscious mind.

Ultimately, I'm discussing matters with ME.

Therefore, getting offended is totally unnecessary since the 15 answers are the opinions of the different aspects of Me.

If I'm discussing matters with "me", and the answers I get are from "you"; are "me" and "you" not the same thing?

Once again, "There is only One Light, and "you" and "me" are holes in the lamp shade."

In the end, the reason for everyone here is to try to understand our existence, no?

Any thoughts?

Vlad?

madkhao?