View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: SOLDIERS FACE NEGLECT, FRUSTRATION AT ARMY'S TOP MEDICAL FACILITY

LaDomino, as posted, the article makes no judgment on the right or wrong of the war. It deals with the (mis)treatment of the men and women who go, under orders from the United States Government, to fight.

Yes, this is an illegal, immoral war, started by lies to benefit the plutocracy at the expense of the blood and treasure of this country, but so were both "world wars" - no matter that they were "declared" by the Congress. Add to that list Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Somalia, etc., etc., etc.

Try reading "War is a Racket" sometime.

My indignation arises from the fact that the flesh and blood "cannon fodder" is treated like garbage when they return wounded in whatever way, and for most, their lives and their families' lives destroyed.

Of course, the so-called "insurgents" are - by right - trying to defend their country against an aggressor. That you and I would do the same under the same or similar circumstances is a given.

Unless or until the people of this and all other countries begin to realize that they are fools and dupes to believe that government is ANYTHING other than a necessary evil and, like fire, must be kept very small and limited, the youth of the world will continue to bleed and die for the enrichment of the few.
I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country." Nobody gives their life for anything. We steal the lives of these kids. We take it away from them. They don't die for the honor and glory of their country. We kill them."-- Admiral Gene LaRocque