View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Re: We need to unite

You know, I've always been in my own internal conflict when it comes to the issue of violence vs. non-violence concerning the fight for liberty. Yes, we indeed need to unite and fight, but how? I must admit that despite my own misgivings about guns and violence, I have had questions in my own mind as to whether or not "non-violence" really works that well.

SableFish, you are absolutely dead-on about those in power and how they could give two and a half rats' asses about the people marching and participating in mass demonstrations. I always tell my vegetarian-enviromentalist-peace, love, and happiness co-worker that what worked in 1968 simply doesn't work anymore. I often tell peace people that "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten", but these people, like the creatures of habit we all are to some extent, insist that non-violence is the one and only way to peace (these people are also pro-gun control). I am not at all suggesting that we use guns/violence as THE way to "git 'er done", but that we look at it as A way.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is that those who care about gaining true liberty need to focus on getting creative and getting the job done. The peace movement has several strikes against it, namely that it insists on the principal that if we do this march-and-carry-signs business long enough, they'll change. This is nothing more than what I call Political Co-dependency. Another strike against them is their argument that if we carry guns and actually use them, "they'll just retaliate, and then there'll be chaos". This argument is anile, because as we all know, those in power will retaliate EVEN IF WE PRACTICE NON-VIOLENCE. They're GOING TO retaliate no matter what.

As the old saying goes, "Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over again, but expect a different result". If Liberty is going to succeed, we need to step out of the box and use our God-given creativity.

Nebgreen\'s Notes :-x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.