View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Forced Schooling and Prison - Dumbing Us Down

"We Don't Need No Education, We Don't Need No Thoughts Control" - :-o :-o :-o

Good article Mary. I agree. I was first sent to a Catholic school until about the 3rd grade, & then my parents sent us to military school. Ironically, in this school, we were taught to think, to argue, bring up different points of view, & to even disagree w/ whatever the government was doing (for example during a history class). We were somehow taught to have allegiance amongst ourselves in our class. We stayed together as a group & protected ourselves as a group. We covered for each other & didn't rat one another. Our teachers were really cool. We were even allowed to rebel at times. It made us free "thinkers." The current school systems literally "sucks". I feel sorry for our "youth". I can understand how they feel, left-out, not understood, w/o the ability to "truly & freely" voice their concerns. They can't even look up to adults. Adults have grown incapable of following their inner selves. Everyone goes down-stream together...

I wish I had the time to read all of the stuff posted in this site. There is a lot of good information beginning to accumulate in here. I just ain’t got the time…

Thanks !!!
8-)