Default Re: MIND CONTROL AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY

My Life
Billy Joel

Got a call from an old friend
We used to be real close
Said he couldn't go on the American way
Closed the shop, sold the house
Bought a ticket to the West Coast
Now he gives them a stand-up routine in L.A.

I don't need you to worry for me cause I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life
Go ahead with your own life and leave me alone

I guess in the second verse above, although the pronoun "I" is used as if Joel is talking about himself, maybe he's singing for the old friend.

Of course, the CHORUS in most songs are what stick in our head. If you look at many of them within SONGS, they are out of CONTEXT. Dangling without a connection to the rest of the lyrics.

I never said you had to offer me a second chance
I never said I was a victim of circumstance
I still belong, don't get me wrong
And you can speak you mind
But not on my time

Here's another example of OUT OF CONTEXT in the above verse. I never said you had to offer me a second chance. I never said I was a victim of circumstance. I still BELONG, don't get me wrong. You can speak your mind, but not on my time.

He still BELONGS and isn't a victim of circumstance. BELONGS to what? YOU, whomever that is, can speak their mind, but not on his time.

They will tell you you can't sleep alone
In a strange place
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep
With somebody else
Ah, but sooner or later you sleep
In your own space
Either way it's okay
You wake up with yourself

How 'bout the verse above? THEY will tell you you can't sleep alone in a strange place. Who are THEY? Are THEY THEM? He goes on to suggest that you can't sleep alone in a strange place. Better stay home, I guess. Never leave the house. You can't sleep with somebody else, either. Better never sleep next to someone. Never have another man in your bed. Sooner or later you sleep in your own space. ALONE. Either way, it's okay, you wake up with yourself. Sounds like ALONE is what he's getting at.

I don't need you to worry for me cause I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home

I never said you had to offer me a second chance
I never said I was a victim of circumstance
I still belong, don't get me wrong
And you can speak you mind
But not on my time

I don't know if it was within this song or another song of Joel's, but I'm sure the line, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, it's my life, was in there somewhere. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, of course, is a command in the cult. Don't let anyone know. Keep it under lock and key. In the vault.

So, is JOEL singing the thoughts of an old friend (channeling)? Is he singing to someone HE knows when he says, "you can speak your mind, but not on my time?" Is he singing to someone he knows when he says, "I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life, go ahead with your own life and leave me alone?"

The song started out about an old friend who became a comedian. Surely, it went amiss after that.

Does this song have embedded messages?

IMO, Yes!