View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: We need to unite

Quote:
Phuq formally uniting
Hi Pete

I didn't mean "unite" in the sense of forming some kind of club with membership cards, etc!

What I was alluding to was the need to focus on what we have in common rather than our differences.

The sharing of information is certainly a worthy goal in itself. My main point was that when we share information, we shouldn't trade barbs with each other because of perceived differences. We should be as objective as it's possible to be in this field. And don't forget, the more objective we sound, the more credible we are to people whose eyes are ready to be opened to what is going on around us all.

I'm sure many of you will agree that the best alternative news sites out there are the ones that get to the point in clear and unambigious language. We should be striving to make clear to the corporate news and media whores that questioning their version of reality isn't just the preserve of those they would label fruitcakes.

And finally, I think there are many people out there in the "undecided" or "unaware" camps who are likely to respond to intelligent and logical reasoning from "our side". We need to address these folks with warmth and respect.

We can discuss and vigorously debate our differences amongst ourselves, but we would do well to remember that some people can be put off by infighting - people that might otherwise be able to contribute to the wealth of alternative ideas and original thinking that exists out there.