View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: We May not Agree with the War...But, Should Support Our Troops

As with 99% of my posts, they are there to be read by those who visit forums to see what is being posted. I am well aware that you have a son who is a marine in Iraq, therefore my comments were not for you. I'm assuming you KNOW what those men and women who represent the "boots on the ground" are going through, but how many others in our society of warmongers do???

The whole idea of "supporting the troops" is a psyops for "sit down and shut up about the war or you are unpatriotic and hate America's soldiers." Tell me you didn't already know that, you of all people?

I make no apologies for my post, it was meant to slap silly (figuratively) those who blithely go about their lives with no thought or understanding of what is going on with their fellow human beings half a world away and buy, out of hand, the bullshit about "staying the course" so that Iraqis can enjoy the blessing of glorious democracy, which they neither want nor asked for and is a LIE of the greatest magnitude.

Fine, well and good, follow the link and send Care packages and write letters, but do it on the way to your Senator's or Congressman's office to DEMAND that they get off their bought-and-sold-out asses and bring the troops home NOW.

Surely you will agree, it is virtually impossible to open a package or read a letter if the lid has just been sealed and a flag draped over your very own aluminum shipping container for the trip home.

If you cannot appreciate that my post is in total support of the troops in a more comprehensive way without contradicting your humanitarian position, well, that will just have to be your problem, but ask yourself this - how many people, both Americans and Iraqis (men, women and children) have died in the time it has taken us to make these posts?

I, for one, have a real problem with that so I chose a heading under which to post that might be seen by those passing through, looking to feel good about their little yellow bumper stickers and who consider THAT doing their part to "support the troops." Take it for what it's worth or leave it alone.
I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country." Nobody gives their life for anything. We steal the lives of these kids. We take it away from them. They don't die for the honor and glory of their country. We kill them."-- Admiral Gene LaRocque