View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to George_Bush
Default Re: Finally a movie about the truth.

Read.

Understand.

Although I do not altogether agree with Rev. Hislop's eschatological framework, his historical evidences in the work are pristine.

There is another work THAT YOU WILL NEVER FIND today called, A NEW SYSTEM, by Jacob Robertson. It was printed in the 16th century and blew the lid off the papacy. It has been banned, stolen, suppressed for so many centuries now, that it is well nigh impossible to find. I have only held one copy of this enormous old three volume set in my life. I know that I will never see it again. Even among rare book dealers, it is something they have never even heard of. Much of Rev. Hislop's work is thought to have been based upon the work of Jacob Robertson. A NEW SYSTEM is without doubt the most rocksolid World History set that has ever been written. It confirms through archeological proofs that every event in the Biblical record is factual. You have never heard this history. And unfortunately, you never will. The truth of the matter however is that one does not need to put faith in the 'historicity' of Scriptural places and events. Robertson demonstrates with hundreds upon hundreds of proofs that the Biblical account accurately describes the ancient world and civilizations.

The Two Babylons
or The Papal Worship
Proved to be the Worship of Nimrod and His Wife
By the Late Rev. Alexander Hislop

First published as a pamphlet in 1853 expanded in 1858

[The following is an excerpt from an address by the cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church in 1503 to Pope Pius III.]

"Of all the advice that we can offer, Your Holiness, we must open your eyes well and use all possible force in the matter, namely, to permit the reading of the gospel as little as possible in all the countries under your jurisdiction. Let the very little part of the gospel suffice which is usually read in mass, and let no one be permitted to read more. So long as people will be content with the small amount, your interest will prosper; but as soon as the people want to read more, your interest will fail. The Bible is the book, which more than any other, has raised against us the tumults and tempests by which we have almost perished. In fact, if one compares the teaching of the Bible with what takes place in our churches, he will soon find discord, and will realize that our teachings are often different from the Bible, and oftener still, contrary to it."

From the National Library of Paris, folio number 1068, Volume 2, pages 650-651.