Did you know???!
- In large cities, Americans are photographed on the average of 20 times a day.
- Everything you charge on a card is in a database that police, among others, can look at.
- Supermarkets track what you purchase and sell the information to direct-mail marketing firms.
- Your employer (US Employers) is allowed to read your E-Mail, and if you use your company's health insurance to purchase drugs, your employer has access to that information.
- (American) Government computers scan your E-Mail for subversive language. (Based at Memwith Hill, Harrogate, UK)
- Your mobile phone calls can be intercepted, and your access numbers can be cribbed by eavesdroppers with police scanners.
- You register your whereabouts every time you use an ATM, credit card, or use EZ PASS at a toll booth.
- You are often being watched when you visit web sites. Servers know what you're looking at, what you download, and how long you stay on a page.
- A political candidate found his career destroyed by a newspaper that published a list of all the videos he had ever rented.
- Most "baby monitors" can be intercepted 100 feet outside the home.
- Intelligence agencies now have "micro-bots" -- tiny, remote control, electronic "bugs" that literally can fly into your home and look around without your noticing.
- Anyone with $100 can tap your phone.
- A new technology called TEMPEST can intercept what you are typing on your keypad (from 100 feet away through a cement wall.)
- The National Security Agency has a submarine that can intercept and decipher digital communications from the RF emissions of underwater phone cables.