- In large cities, Americans are photographed on the average of 20 times a day.
- Everything you charge on a card is in a database that police, among others, can look at.
- Supermarkets track what you purchase and sell the information to direct-mail marketing firms.
- Your employer (US Employers) is allowed to read your E-Mail, and if you use your company's health insurance to purchase drugs, your employer has access to that information.
- (American) Government computers scan your E-Mail for subversive language. (Based at Memwith Hill, Harrogate, UK)
- Your mobile phone calls can be intercepted, and your access numbers can be cribbed by eavesdroppers with police scanners.
- You register your whereabouts every time you use an ATM, credit card, or use EZ PASS at a toll booth.
- You are often being watched when you visit web sites. Servers know what you're looking at, what you download, and how long you stay on a page.
- A political candidate found his career destroyed by a newspaper that published a list of all the videos he had ever rented.
- Most "baby monitors" can be intercepted 100 feet outside the home.
- Intelligence agencies now have "micro-bots" -- tiny, remote control, electronic "bugs" that literally can fly into your home and look around without your noticing.
- Anyone with $100 can tap your phone.
- A new technology called TEMPEST can intercept what you are typing on your keypad (from 100 feet away through a cement wall.)
- The National Security Agency has a submarine that can intercept and decipher digital communications from the RF emissions of underwater phone cables.
Just a two-center: Yes, I knew that (all of the above). Also, a backup data base is in Georgia, they are one of the biggest. Cops use them as well. Plus Utah for geneology record and any name change you do.
Then there are the plain folk gathering info:
the volumteers a health clinics (BIG, BIG, BIG!), little old men pushing shopping carts back into the supermarket, the general office clerk, those that give you a little card to fill out after you tested that perfume/or other product at the mall. And its not just to receive advertizement for another free sample. All these people who you think are airheads trying to make a buck, are in reality very much themselves a member of THEM. When I started posting in CC, I brought up these things. Oh well. Then I mentioned why so many young or formerly poor people are all of a sudden driving huge, expensive, paid off trucks. Again, I got answers that were very simple: a pay raise, rich uncle, working 2 shifts. NO NO NO. guess again.
"Here you go ma, boy! for a job well done!"