Thread: Who Rules ?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Who Rules ?

Thanks! I take you up on that! ;-)

I think we decieve ourselves thinking that "Satan" is a force outside of ourselves, like we decieve ourselves God is someone or something outside of ourselves.
I think Man has within the capability to follow God or Satan, that is follow your Self or follow your Ego. God=Self and Satan=Ego, the way I see it.

Ultimately Evil (that is "Satan") manifests itself in the actions of Man. If Man decides to follow his Ego, the consequence is he will act to get ahead, to empower himself in relation to his fellow Man.

If, on the other hand, Man decides to follow "God", that is, if he decides to realize his Self - his TRUE Self - he will see that Good (that is "God") manifests itself in the actions of Man, like Evil.

Man is the quintessence of God's creation. We exist between Earth and Heaven. We are the manifestation of the marriage between Heaven and Earth. We are made in God's image, and therefore are half human, half devine. The meaning of our life is to purify our Souls by living; making mistakes, learning from them, dealing with adversity, loss, misery.
God gave Man Free Will to choose to either go the Path of God or the Path of the Ego. We all have felt the tug of our desires, the tug of temptation, the tug of our instincts and impulses. Those feelings are what make us human. But we also have felt compassion, generosity, bravery, strength (SPIRITUAL strength that is), humility, empathy. Those are feelings that need to be cultivated and encouraged because they are the feelings that make us divine. They constitute the "God's image" part of our beings.

Ultimately, I believe our Soul wants to reunite with God because our Soul is the divine part of our being.

I suppose my view then, is that this force we call "Satan" is really the force of our Ego, and more people than ever live today to satisfy their Egos. They focus their whole being on material things and sensual pleasures. They believe the lie to "be open for everything", "you only live once, you might as well enjoy it", relax and treat yourself etc. They don't realize they're stuck in a demonic circle; they are being led by their noses by the Jinn, as Ahmad would say.

Because of the sheer amount of people living this material, sensual life, the world looks the way it does. I'm sure if people focussed their minds, hearts and brains on metaphysical realities - as in Realities BEYOND the physical, and realized the Spiritual Realities, or if they simply realized they're asleep, running around in circles and actually wanted and in fact DID wake themselves up, the world would look VERY different.

Quote:
Quran [14:22]: I had no power over you; I simply invited you, and you accepted my invitation. Therefore, do not blame me, and blame only yourselves.
This illustrates exatly my point!