View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Modern Metaphysical Concepts & The Paranormal

Writing Styles - ??? - :-o :-o :-o

Documenting Research & Writing Styles...

I am busy for the rest of the week, so I’ll be brief.

I appreciate your advice, but I think we just have different view points, techniques, & approaches. I wouldn’t mind if you throw in some links (although you don’t have to), interspersed among your text, which might bring some light into what you are talking about, even if they do not explain the subject to its entirety, or even if they only cover some of the information & to some limited extent.

We are indeed living in the information age. By the year 2000 at times I felt that I was suffering from information overload. I soon found out that, at least for me, the best way to be able to keep track of all of the vast amount of information, specially in my profession, & avoid any headaches, is to be able to create organized trees of links, if you will, by utilizing the Microsoft filing system (or whatever other OS you’ve got), & thus store URL links under these trees (hierarchies of files & folders organized by topic) the second you come across w/ the information, even if you don’t read the contents of the link at that time. The reason being is that for one, you can at any later time you wish do a simple search & look for easy keywords you remember & find the information you need when you need it. Searching in the Net could be very time consuming, since they present the information in a linear fashion, whereas my trees of links (i.e., favorites) have the links to information that is of particular interest to me. The computer is definitely an extension of my brain, even if it is just for the sake & the ability to be able to store information & access (via links) that information whenever I need it. I use that for my work, for hobbies like this, making guitar lead-sheets for songs that I play, pictures,... & the list could be endless.

If someone is reading this thread & they don’t go into the links, that’s fine. But if at some point in the future they think, “hey I’d like to go back to that video or whatever that I saw in that thread & look at the information in more depth”, then they can go there & find it w/o having to go back & forth in between hundreds of threads, which happens to me all of the time, & never be able to find the information. So in my style, I have some text w/ clear concise points, that are easily understood, w/o requiring to read a whole lot of stuff, it is condensed, informative & to the point. In between I throw in some links that might be of interest to the reader, might not cover the entire spectrum of the subject matter, but are somewhat related. For me, that style makes it easier to find what you are looking for, specially later on.

Remember, I am also writing these threads for myself. So if I happen to be investigating a subject, & I come up w/ some conclusions or analysis about what some researcher (as Michael Tsarion) presented in one of his videos (as I did above on the 1st post), & lay it all down w/ the appropriate links, & then I can later on re-read it (since it is not uncommon for me to forget the details of the conclusions I reached about a particular subject), to either expand on it, or forget about it entirely.

I am not expecting anyone to follow my style. Feel free to use whatever style fits your writing preferences. That’s the beauty of Freedom. That’s why I will support Ron Paul all the way until he leaves office & because he can’t run again, & again.

Happy Holidays – 2008 !!!

Thank God for "Freedom Of Speech"... An “Informed Citizen” makes a good “Patriot.”
8-)