View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Modern Metaphysical Concepts & The Paranormal

First of all, let me say that you are one of the most awesome contributors to this or any other forum that I have ever encountered. It is obvious that you are a child of the computer age and know how to fully utilize it for your many purposes and varied interests. I truly envy you in all the nicest ways because, as is painfully obvious, I am not. I thought I had died and gone to heave the first time I used an electric typewriter.

In the beginning, computers scared me to death. Truth to tell, not much has changed because they still are, to a great extent, a mystery to me. I guess you could say I am still using the electric typewriter but with the ability to correct typos without Whiteout. The day I learned how to "copy" and "paste" I was so happy I actually cried from the sheer joy of it all and the time that it saved. In the book of Slogans, the one about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks has my picture there.

After years of writing mostly fictional short stories and some poetry, with only my memory of all the books I have read over six decades for source material, I now bemoan the fact that my mind does not keep close track of where each bite of inform originates. It all becomes integrated, stone on stone, and I stand on the platform built but cannot always recall where I got each "stone."

There is nothing I enjoy more than entering into a discussion of subjects on which I am interested and have at least a small amount of background information. With the explosion of knowledge, in great part due to the internet, I realize that yesterday's "facts" can - and some have been - proven to be erroneous, while others, like the works of Immanuel Velikovsky, have finally come into their own and been recognized for their veracity. As an aside, I hope to see the day that Dr. Willem Reich and a few others receive their just due of world acclaim. I bought and read their books, made it part of a general overall understanding, but in a discussion I could not give you chapter and verse, or in today's vernacular, a link. other than the name of the book.

All this by way of stating my lowly position after you stated yours so well, I hope that there will be occasion for discussion between the two of us and any others who would like to join in and make this a bully pulpit for thoughts and ideas. Today's science fiction becomes tomorrow's science fact, today's theories build a bridge into the future.

There's an old saying that you can learn SOMETHING from the village idiot, so that leaves room for even DA to continue chiming in with her in-depth commentary.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, too, Jimbo.
I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country." Nobody gives their life for anything. We steal the lives of these kids. We take it away from them. They don't die for the honor and glory of their country. We kill them."-- Admiral Gene LaRocque