View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Including URL-Links Onto The Text

Mary,

Usually if you go to the “address bar” of your “browser” & manage to select the entire “area,” for the page where the “link” you want is shown, then you can “right-click” & select “copy”, or do a <Ctrl-c> on the “keyboard” (at least in the Windows XP, 2000,98,95 operating systems). Then you can do a “right-click” & select “paste” or a <Ctrl-v> to "paste" it onto the “text” input window. Now, if for some reason that doesn't work after "previewing" it, & you had selected "Enable html tags" at the bottom "options" of the "Reply" Window, provided by “ClubConspiracy,” then the other way you can go about it is to "select" the 1st little "button" right next to "Message:", at the top, & then enter both the "url" & then "title" of the “url”. However, you can "bypass" that procedure entirely & type what I just typed below (without the "blanks", which I added so that it appeared as shown & not converted into an actual link). I also suggest to make both the "url" & the "title" the "same" as the "url", that way both the "title" & the "url" are completely discernable, one from the other... & not only that, we can see the actual URL, otherwise it becomes "hidden". And you know how we all feel about "hidden" stuff...

For example,

This Should Be Your Text Title
[ url=this_is_my_link ]this_is_my_link [/url]

instead of,

[ url=this_is_my_url ]this_is_my_title [/url]

don't forget to remove the "blanks" for it to work.

Enjoy !
8-)