View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Satanic ritual in Nova Scotia

Ahmad,

respectfully, see that this is the main difference between our beliefs: "Jihaad" for you comes before salvation, for me it comes after.

I believe that I can't be reconciled to God and conquer sin without accepting the sacrifice of Jesus for me (he paid for my sins). My "Jihaad" is enabled by the Holy Spirit of God that guides me in obedience to His commands...and I do this not to achieve salvation (already given freely by faith in Jesus and impossible to be achieved by my efforts) but by gratitude to God.

Knowing that I am going to heaven gives me many more reasons to live...joy and gratitude to enjoy God`s blessings in my life, to point God to others, peace to know my sould is safe, so I can work on my personal "Jihaad".

By your answer, I understand that the response is no, you don`t know if you are going to heaven?

All the best,

marcos

QUOTE BEGINS:

"Are you sure you will be with God when you die ? Why ?"

If i guarantee Heaven to myself, what would be the reason of living!, the real "Jihaad" is to strive and overcome our temptations, to fight evil and stand for our rights, to resist our sinful lusts and distractions, and it's a continous process that goes on for life.

"Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will recieve the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12[/quote]