View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Does Israel's peace covenant mark the beginning of the 7 years to Armegeddon?

Quote:
ephesians6 wrote:

You need to read Matthew 24 and 25 carefully to see what Jesus Christ had to say about the 'end times.'
Yes. Thanks for your response ephesians6! I'm really trying to hash this stuff out
I wanted to get the idea out there and I hope that people would at least occasionally have doubts about what is being preached to them...then actually pray for the wisdom to see the truth themselves and spend time meditating on the written WORD.
I think most people (who believe that Christ is the Messiah) would agree that his own words and prophecies about the end times would take precedence over what others (disciples ie John) wrote when trying to relate what had been revealed to them.
so then...what Jesus said is more important than what my interpretation of Revelation would be...agreed?
Jesus was talking about the "Buildings of the Temple" as stated in the first verse of Matt.24
"there will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down"...the disciples ask, "when will this be and when will yourcoming be?" and then Jesus proceeds to describe the signs.
Then it gets really good!: Jesus says, "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."
He told the disciples then and there, privately on the mount of olives, that their generation would not pass away! I have seen this verse argued about endlessly but to me, as in other scriptures where the word "generation" is used, it is always meant to be interpreted as about 40 yrs. I think any other interpretation of "generation" is deception. So once we realize the time frame he has in mind here, we can see everything else Jesus says and also have this in mind with him.
...his words will not pass away...
with love,