View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 10:09 AM

Default The Final Chapter

Susie,

I am not going to bother you w/ this again but here is the thing. Hear me out...

You seemed to have been able to fix the SIZE issue for multiple SIZEs w/o a problem. I don’t know how many threads you had to run that on, whether it was in the order 40 thousand threads or more, it didn’t seem to be neither a costly issue nor a super time consuming ordeal. You probably had fun doing it while providing the new "vBulletin" users w/ the satisfaction of once again having their threads come back to life again under their new forum. Ok. So far so good...

Now, to fix the URL issue:

1) All you have to do is run the “exact same algorithm” you are now running on “untagged URLs” when anyone enters a post. The “exact same algorithm”. You can just "cut & paste" it onto the same script you used to fix the SIZE issue – which I am sure is still laying around somewhere in you hard-drive. Run it on the same amount of threads you ran it against to fix the font SIZE issue, & it is not going to take a “second” longer than it took to fix that. As a matter of fact, it is going to take much less time, since “we already know what the solution is”. Now it might take a bit longer to run (& because of the size of the URLs - but a few nanoseconds more for each URL, no one is going to notice except the computer), but while you go & grab yourself a cup of "Java" on US,... the job will be completed before you even put your first bag of beautiful RAW Hawaiian sugar into your cup.

2) Now you could comeback & tell me again about not knowing how long the URLs are, but think about it, all you need to do is run the “exact same algorithm” you are now running on “untagged URLs” when anyone "Submits" a post. That is certainly not going to cause any side effects you are not already aware of.

My 2 cents.

You have already earned our admiration. So, you don't need to blow us right out of our seats w/ both of your wizardry & ingenuity... So, if you do it, don't do it because you felt guilty, ...but just because you “care”.

Thanks again.

[/OUT]