View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozziecynic View Post
I find your statement offensive.
If you're willing to fall for a childish religion, then prepare yourself to be offended.

Quote:
Iam sure if i was to state the same about your favoured Eastern religions you would take offense
First of all, I don't focus on Eastern religions. (The esoteric versions of) Ancient Roman, ancient Greek and Asatru religions are also among my primary influences. I belong to the traditionalist school and don't limit myself to one particular religion. I can even appreciate traditions like Kabbalism and Sufi Islam to a degree, however I'm more drawn to Vedanta Hinduism or Asatru.

Anyway, if you were to state the same about my favoured religions I would ask you to argument why you feel and think that way and explain where you go wrong.

Quote:
I also find your statement on science being in line with nature very contradictory.There are very few examples with the exception of solar power and wind power(present mainstrean scientific dogma supports pro nuclear power) where modern science is in line with mother nature. On the whole science attempts to dominate nature and alter nature to mans design for rationalist materialistic approach towards material wealth which mainstream science deems progress.
I was referring to science as a way to describe the universe. Technology is indeed often damaging to nature, but that's mostly because it is driven by capitalism. I'm both anti-capitalist and anti-communist.

Quote:
Still I fail to see what this has to do with your interest in eastern religion maybe youve fallen head long for the bubble gum New age movement thus a guru in your own mind and another useful pawn in the NWO.
I'm not interested in New Age mumbo jumbo.

I am interested in esoteric Eastern religion (especially Vedanta) because it is very rational and entirely compatible with science as a way to describe the universe. Besides that, being based on rationality rather than dogma, they provide far more enlightenment than any Judeo-Christian religion.