View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 06:38 AM
workin' for the man

Send a message via AIM to justgroovy
Default Re: Does CNN Provide TOO MUCH Information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruinckeync View Post
If you've watched the previous debates, you've noticed the Perception Analyzer at the bottom of the screen. It records the reactions of about 30 "uncommitted" voters - but some say your brain can't devote its full attention to what the debaters are saying and what you're seeing.More..by proxrte101a

Yeah I saw that during the VP Debate, which is the only one I've watched so far since I was really hoping to see something funny (i.e. Say it ain't so Joe, dontchano youbetcha darnright). Anyway, that meter was scary for a few reasons

A) It shows how gullible people are in this focus group; and
B) It shows how dumb they are, too.

Regardless of the candidate or party, if the moderator asks a question and the question is not answered then there's a problem. It seems as if CNN's audience was just blindly accepting the fact that some of these questions weren't answered and they were rating what the candidate did decide to speak about.

Example:

Moderator: What are your views on North Korea's determination to be a nuclear power? And what steps will your administration take to keep this from happening?

Candidate: Oh, I don't want to talk about that, dontchaknow. Puppies and Unicorns are the cutest things ever! When I was little I had a litebrite and an etchasketch.

CNN Audience: WE APPROVE OF PUPPIES AND UNICORNS!!!! LITEBRITES AND ETCHASKETCHES ARE ALSO WORTHY OF OUR APPROVAL!!!!

I mean come on. If someone isn't answering the question posed to them then flatline them.