View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Disney manipulation

Well thx for the very thurough explanation.....I dont have time to make as detailed of a reply as I'd like but I will say this....

W/re to Floyd, especially Waters who I have ALL his solo work & have seen at least 3 times now....always catch him when he stops in town....will never miss a show of his...thus I am quite familair w/all the Floyd work as well.....are you saying the that there's hidden meaning in this work that actually is supporting of the "institutions"?

I would have to say to the contrary, Waters has always been one who speaks out AGAINST the institutions....after all, this is EXACTLY what the Wall speaks to.....the manipulation (or attempts of) by the powers that be & the need & want to break away from all that...attempting to step out of the mold & be an individual. & of course much of his work (not so much Gilmour as far as solo stuff goes anyway) speaks to this....how about Radio KAOS...or even Amused to Death. Both solo albuns from Waters which also speak to this in part as well.

If I am reading you correctly here, I must say, I'm not so sure you have Waters properly pegged.....in fact I know you don't if this is how you understand his work & the message he tries to convey. Have you ever heard Waters in an interview? If so, you must agree that he is very much opposed to supression of the masses & works very hard towards the rights of individuals. After all, he was a product of the controlling British school system & this is where much of his muse comes from.

Very good stuff here though....when I have time I'd like to comeback & speak moreso to some of the other issues/points you've raised....some truly good stuff indeed...tyvm!!

& to think here I was just about ready to remove myself from this "group"....I say "group" b/c it seems there's really only a few here (at best) who post on a regular basis...speaking of which....was that your alias that got banned for a coupla weeks....was it Leonardo? Is that another one of your ally's? If so, you may know that I was not in favor of that....needless censorship.....typical over reaction by one who has a few issues...& sad to know that someone like this has the power to ban someone....a very sad statement of the parnoia that exists in our society.

Anyway....was just curious & thot I'd ask....& thx again for the very well written reply....much appreciation for your thots & views.

Cheers Mate!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch these & lets talk more

Last edited by Raiderdad : 10-30-2008 at 12:07 PM.