View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Re: LEGAL (?) TORTURE & MURDER IN PUBLIC.

Quote:
madkhao wrote:
Is there no one out there with enough faith to heal people as Jesus and His disciples did?

When the time comes that someone actually steps forward and heals one such as this, many will be amazed and deceived.

That's my opinion for this happening.
Jesus didn't literally heal people, he didn't litterally turn water into wine, he didn't literally raise the dead.

It's allegory, the water were not followers of his faith, the wine were.

The living were followers of his faith, the dead were not. He would figuratively raise the dead into his religon. Into the living. BORN AGAIN Christian.

Sometimes people underwent 'temporary' death by leaving the inner group of disciples. An example of this was Lazarus, who lost his nerve when the going got tough toward the end of Jesus' life. He explained to his sisters Mary and Martha that he was afraid and woul have to leave the inner group. Four days later Jesus arrived on the scene and Mary said to Jesus that Lazarus would not have become 'dead' in the first place if Jesus would have been there to talk to him. Jesus then went to find Lazarus and persuaded him to br bold and rejoin the 'living'.

The bible also makes references to a strained relationship between Jesus, his mother and brothers, none clearer than Matthew 12:46-50

"while he yet talked to the people behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, behold thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he streched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said. Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister and mother."