View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:02 PM

Default Re: COLUMBINE FALLOUT

Quote:
Could these school shootings be the pre-requisite that is needed in order to arm our teachers? [...] If this is an operation to arm our teachers, what is it that they ultimately hope to achieve? With 911, it was the Patriot Act and other restrictions on our freedoms, so, what is it that would negatively affect the citizens of this country if there is a law passed to arm our teachers? I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't want my child in a school with teachers who are in possession of loaded guns.
It seems to me like the tendency is more to use the shooting as a justification to disarm, not arm, "the public", and then fortify the state against us. You might see more armed guards on campus (the "security" officer at CHS last worked at a prison before manning those school grounds) but I'm not sure about the teachers. Check out the Port Arthur and Dunblane shootings for more on the anti-gun thread as well here and here.

Quote:
THEY know there are copy cats out there; so all they had to do was orchestrate one school shooting and THEY knew there would be more to follow. Monkey see, monkey do.
I'd say it's valid to guess that the shooting was intended to be a trigger, given the way the media rubbed it in our faces. Was the nonverbal message here, "Hey kids, feeling bullied? Shoot someone!" More specifically, it might also have been a trigger for hypnotically or otherwise programmed shooters, if, indeed, there is such a thing, to "activate". The shooter in Georgia a few weeks after Columbine, for example, was talked out of shooting himself at the end of his rampage and when asked why he attacked the school, reportedly replied, "I did this because, well, I'm not sure. Ever since the shooting at Columbine in Colorado all I've been able to think about is doing this".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.