View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
KYCH

Default Re: George Washington Masonic Memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Because, you are a low man on the totem pole, that's how I know you don't know much at all about the true roots of Freemasonry.
And you as a non-member are even lower than I so you know nothing of the roots of Freemasonry? If you really understood the structure you would know that the Worshipful Masters take control of the Grand Lodge in the absence of the top-4 Grand Lodge officers and serve a vital role in the Freaternity. You saying a Worshipful Master is low on the totem shows your lack of knowledge of the Fraternity.

Freemasonry is a very confederate style of government. We have a Grand Lodge more for administrative/bureaucratic control. We have the State, the highest level, that is broken into Districts which is made of individual Lodges. The Grand Lodge really only meets once a year to pass/amend/repeal legislation, hand out awards/certificates, and elect new GL officers. Other than that the individual Lodges govern their Lodge. GL officers attend their home Lodge just as members. On some occasions they will come as a GL officer, but that's for special occasions; even as such are under the auspice of the Worshipful Master. The only ones that can really usurp the Worshipful Master's power is the District Deputy Grand Master or Most Worshipful Grand Master, but the Worshipful Master must offer it to them. There is more to this, but it fills pages upon pages.

So lets take for a second that I was the lowest man on the totem pole. Let's say I did the research just as you have, which I researched it for years before joining, and then joined. The previous information would either have been confirmed or denied by admission into the Lodge. By admission my knowledge is automatically catapulted ahead of a non-member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Freemasonry is ancient.

You are not.
And neither are you.