View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 PM

Default Re: ISSUE IN-DEPTH: HEALTH CARE REFORM: There is a cure available for current plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post
Of course, the rest of us should pay for medical insurance for those that are too lazy to work; those that refuse to get a decent education; those that have way more kids than they can possibly afford to raise; the irresponsible; etc.

We should take care of those that have never saved any money, because they spent it all on the latest clothing, gadgets or whatever.

We that actually earn our own way in this world should pay more taxes to take care of those that simply will not take care of themselves, right?

We already do provide for the aged and disabled, who can not take care of themselves. Personally, I believe that those that won't, should just be left to fend for themselves.

I have no moral or legal obligation to care for those that refuse to do what is necessary to take care of themselves and their families.

I believe that people that will not take care of their obligations should have their children removed from such homes, and those children should be given to people that will raise them to be responsible citizens.

And don't feed me that crap about how you never had a chance to get an education or whatever.

I grew up dirt poor after my mother left my fathe. We ate dry dog food at times, because that was all we could afford. I had to drop out of school to work, so my mother could drink up my earnings. I went to 28 different schools, in five different states. I never finished the 11th grade.

I joined the Army at 16, and spent 10 years on active duty. I married in the Army, had two kids, and ended up having to raise them as a single parent. I went to college, on my own, and worked full time too. I eventually EARNED my Ed.D in Rehabilitation Counseling.

I have a lot of compassion for those that simply can't make it in this world. I would help anyone who had a fire destroy their home, etc. I have helped many peole that had a sudden illness, and needed short term help,

I have none for the lazy, the unmotivated, those that just want to take from our society. etc. Frankly, the world would be a lot better off if those people would just eliminate themselves.
Excuse me, but what are you ranting about?

Those who want to take from our society????

You say.

Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Due to the way our society is set-up by the controllers, many people are unable to go to college and get a good job so that they can afford medical insurance.

MAKE IT AFFORDABLE so it is accessible not only to the rich and those who are employed, self-employed, or provide a health care system to take care of those who are unable to procure coverage due to the astronomical rates.

It will benefit our country. A healthy society is more desirous than an unhealthy one and no child should be without.

To call every person who doesn't have health insurance lazy and a useless eater, as you depict them to be is nonsense.

You must be a "fortunate one," eh, who has no compassion for the less fortunate.