View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Default Re: Ex-Masons For Jesus

Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post
Nobody become a Master of a Masonic Lodge after a few years. NOBODY! It requires a person that has been a Mason for a number of years, and you then work your way up through the ranks.
That is not exactly true Old Medic. I became Worshipful Master of my Lodge almost 2.5-years to the day after I was made a Master Mason. I'm a rare breed though. Usually it does take years (up to 9-years sometimes), but I was asked to sit in a fairly high chair since it was vacant. I have a somewhat photographic memory and knew the work just by sight.

Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post
The Masons require that their members believe in God, and the vast majority of their members are Christians. In fact, a lot of Protestant clergymen are Masons.
A good majority is Christian. In my Lodge we have quite a few Jews, one Muslim, and I believe that is it. I met the Grand Chaplain of the Grand Lodge of Arizona and he is a practicing Buddhist.

There are some that defect from the Masons. I actually signed two demits this last meeting because they can't afford it right now. Some demit for other reasons, that is personal, I don't ask. Those who do leave with a sour taste left because it wasn't what they wanted; those are the ones who leave for the wrong reasons. You get out of it, what you put into it.
"Quia tu lucerna mea Domine et Domine inluminabis tenebras meas."