View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:52 PM
KYCH

Default Re: Ex-Masons For Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post
Nobody become a Master of a Masonic Lodge after a few years. NOBODY! It requires a person that has been a Mason for a number of years, and you then work your way up through the ranks.
That is not exactly true Old Medic. I became Worshipful Master of my Lodge almost 2.5-years to the day after I was made a Master Mason. I'm a rare breed though. Usually it does take years (up to 9-years sometimes), but I was asked to sit in a fairly high chair since it was vacant. I have a somewhat photographic memory and knew the work just by sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post
The Masons require that their members believe in God, and the vast majority of their members are Christians. In fact, a lot of Protestant clergymen are Masons.
A good majority is Christian. In my Lodge we have quite a few Jews, one Muslim, and I believe that is it. I met the Grand Chaplain of the Grand Lodge of Arizona and he is a practicing Buddhist.

There are some that defect from the Masons. I actually signed two demits this last meeting because they can't afford it right now. Some demit for other reasons, that is personal, I don't ask. Those who do leave with a sour taste left because it wasn't what they wanted; those are the ones who leave for the wrong reasons. You get out of it, what you put into it.