View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: HIGHER INDOCTRINATION: Universities and Corporate control by David Livingstone

Quote:
You Complain about tertiary education as though students have no free will to decide and believe in whatever they choose.
Students DON'T have free will and they DON'T have any choices either. IN GENERAL. If we didn't generalize we wouldn't be able to discuss anything, OC.

You have a brain? Great for you, OC, you don't have to feel attacked by my opinions then and be so defensive.

Conservative views? What exactly does that mean? The Bushes claim to have "conservative views"; does that mean you are in support of them?
And actually, your lecturers MIGHT as well have taught you your "conservative" views, whatever they ACTUALLY are. You might think you're fighting indoctrination with all the force and might you have, but you might take a tiny little thing for granted and that's where their loophole is.

And before you bite my head off, yes, I include myself in the group of the indoctrinated TO A CERTAIN DEGREE and PERIOD of my life. What I'm doing now is to counter that indoctrination.
The only person who could seriously claim not to be affected by indoctrination and propaganda is someone who's never seen a Hollywood movie or watched TV action series when they were kids.

Quote:
You are insulting my individuality and free will by suggesting all post modern tertiary students can and will be brainwashed into secular humanist style views.If that were the case i would certainly never bother posting here!.
Like I said to you before, OC, I don't care if you feel insulted by what I say. If you do, that's your problem, not mine. I will never soften the blow just because you "feel insulted" - come on man, don't be such a wus. I'm not going to edit my writing for your comfort.
I write what I write because that's my experience and therefore my truth.