View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: HIGHER INDOCTRINATION: Universities and Corporate control by David Livingstone

OC, i'm a little in shock.

I dont know if you've watched the telly in the last few months but Oz is in the greatest trade skills shortage in it's history!

Due to idiots like Howard basically laying waste to the apprentiship system the reserve Bank beleives it must hike interest to dampen demand simply because of the gigantic skills shaortage and the rise in inflation that comes with it.

Whole industries are grinding to a halt because they cannot get trades people.

As for the age barrier...thats simply a matter of adjusting the apprentiship system. Also, the 'apprentiship system' has been around for thousands of years and had no age limit.

For the vast majority their is no need for 'Higher Education'. They want practical skills.

This total wank of the 'New Economy'...service industries! What shit! We're all going to iron each others shirts and shuffle money electronically backwards and forwards...thats the new economic dream!!!!!!!!

You must make things. You must move and shift objects from one place to another.

In fact lets just forget economics. The tail is wagging the dog.

Well before the first business school opened and their was NO mention of a J Curve or Martin Freidman or even Adam Smith, people went about their business exchanging goods and services.

This activity served them and provided for basic needs. It was not end, it was the means. They worshipped God, explored the world, watched sunsets and brought up families...rejoiced in being alive when they could be dead and in darkness.

In some amazing turn of events...brought on intentionally by certain forces...the seeking of material gratifacation became the new religion. You were told if you did'nt have 63 rentals in your portfolio you would die very sad, and VERY miserable.

To actually plan your life or your day by the mindless up's and downs of an 'invisible hand' is so ridiculous as to deserve our utter contempt.

These pretend capitalists believe that if they can just factor in one more variable on their predictive spreadsheets they will finally become Gods, and with the push of a button eliminate all risk in their mindless, speculative, money shuffling activities.

Hence dropping out. Turn your back. When they tell you the Dow is up, sideways, up ya bum...tell them thats lovely dear, i hope it feels good for you. I have a meal of locally grown organic vegetables to prepare around a table with my family. Enjoy your microwave meal on your own, in your one bedroom loft apartment in the city, just walking distance from the exciting, pointless, worthless, money shuffling hub of mindless bullshit!

I honestly, without exaggeration, consider the love of this rational past time for the lazy, right up their with the great Yo Yo craze...to pass and be laughed about.

DROP OUT.

MAKE YOUR PLANS.

THOSE THAT HAVE EARS WILL LISTEN.

FORM YOUR OWN COMMUNITIES.

STILL FIGHT, BUT PREPARE YOUR SAFE HARBOUR.

THERE WILL BE NO CATACLISM...JUST A SLOWLY GRINDING BOOT SLOWLY DESCENDING ONTO YOUR FACE...START NOW!

BIT BY BIT BECOME AS INDEPENDANT AS POSSIBLE. TRUST ME YOU'LL ENJOY IT.